"My Level 10 daughter competed in two events last weekend and I could see a big difference in her focus. She stuck her beam, series, dismount, and all! This was an amazing accomplishment for her since she was struggling the week prior to competition. She looks awesome, everyone is asking me and her how she is doing it and she keeps telling them to sign up for Web Camp! Great testimonial from a young, injured gymnast. Thank you for your program!"
Web Camp Parent
GearThe Most Important Job In The World: Parenting Your Athlete DVD
By Alison Arnold Ph.D.
The balance of the triangle between parent-coach-athlete is essential for peak performance. This DVD for parents will help you discover ways to build your athlete up without wearing them down. After over 24 years of working with athletes and parents Doc Ali gives you the tools to:
- Understand the mind of an athlete and how to best support them.
- Help your child deal effectively with competition pressure.
- The most effective ways to deal with fear.
- Understand your role as a parent vs. the role of the coach
- Learn ways to praise character and not only performance.
- How to identify fear of failure in an athlete and what to do about it.
- Pin point the key lessons taught from sport and find ways to generalize these into life.
Many sports clubs use this DVD once a year during their parent meetings as a springboard for discussion. Parent education is so important to the success of an athlete. This DVD helps parents know they are on the right track and teaches ways to unconditionally support their athlete!
Runtime: 59 minutes
Price: $20.00 plus shipping