"My daughter, has been attending Headgames since last July. When I first told her about Headgames she was adamant that there was no way it could help her. I signed up for the free trial and told her we could watch one recording sitting together so she would feel more comfortable. Within 5 minutes, she turned to me and said “I really want to watch this alone, is that okay?” Since then she had attended almost every week and gets really upset when she has to miss a week. On Sunday she became the Washington State AA Champion. The mental toughness she showed during the meet was unbelievable. Thank you so much! You’ve made a huge difference for my daughter!" Very Grateful.
GearThe Most Important Job In The World: Parenting Your Athlete DVD
By Alison Arnold Ph.D.
The balance of the triangle between parent-coach-athlete is essential for peak performance. This DVD for parents will help you discover ways to build your athlete up without wearing them down. After over 24 years of working with athletes and parents Doc Ali gives you the tools to:
- Understand the mind of an athlete and how to best support them.
- Help your child deal effectively with competition pressure.
- The most effective ways to deal with fear.
- Understand your role as a parent vs. the role of the coach
- Learn ways to praise character and not only performance.
- How to identify fear of failure in an athlete and what to do about it.
- Pin point the key lessons taught from sport and find ways to generalize these into life.
Many sports clubs use this DVD once a year during their parent meetings as a springboard for discussion. Parent education is so important to the success of an athlete. This DVD helps parents know they are on the right track and teaches ways to unconditionally support their athlete!
Runtime: 59 minutes
Price: $20.00 plus shipping